Saturday 28 April 2012

Projects in the Pipeline (1)

This is the first of many posts I hope to do, updating you with my ongoing projects.

At the moment I am knitting this stripy purple and navy scarf. Each stripe is eight rows wide and I have no idea how long it going to be or take me! I'll just knit until it wraps around my neck in a suitable way. It might take me all year!

Here are some pictures I just took:

 This is how long it is so far (not very!)
 Two times ago when I changed colour, I changed it on the wrong side. I have no idea how I managed to do this, but I didn't really want to unravel it all when I realised a few rows later! Hopefully it won't notice when I am swathed in scarf.
I now know how to join in new colours correctly, but for the first two goes I knit with both colours together, hence the messy join on both sides. :( Now I know how to do it, it is nice and neat.

Of course, I'll sort out the messy ends when I've finished, but I'm leaving them for now.

I am planning on making the other end triangular too, and then attaching purple and navy pompoms to the ends.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Hannah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment