Monday 18 June 2012

New addition

You might not really count this as a new addition, but it is to me, because I have been looking forward to having it for so long! On Saturday night I ordered my sewing machine. Family and friends were very generous when it came to my birthday at the end of May, and a a result I have been able to but a machine and still have lots left over!

I bought the John Lewis JL125. You might ask why I didn't buy a proper sewing machine brand but my mum spoke to the lady in sewing department who said that there was not much difference between the different brands, and that for a beginner, the John Lewis own brand machine would suit my needs.

I can't wait to use it. I have one exam left, on Friday, so after that I may just sew like crazy! Mind you, I can't yet, because it hasn't arrived!

Here is a picture:


I haven't decided what to sew first, but be sure to check this out for the first project!

Have any of you recently bought a sewing machine or taken up sewing as a hobby? Let me know what you are making in the comments below!

Have a lovely day,

Hannah xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I think that Janome make JL sewing machines - so def a good one! Hoping to get some material this month, so we'll have to share projects! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that's right, it is, I am pleased with it so far! I bought some fabric from Ikea, so I am hoping to make a beach bag soon. Watch this space! x

    ReplyDelete